It is your responsibility to ensure that:
a) when accepting Transport Orders, you are familiar with the pallet requirement and are equipped in handling all CHEP & Loscam pallet transactions; and
b) upon order collection, and prior to Delivery, a copy of the pallet docket has been received. Missing dockets and dockets with incorrect information need to be communicated to us prior to Delivery. We will not investigate any pallet enquiries/claims after the Delivery has taken place.
1. In the event of an accident or of damage, you will immediately inform us about any damages to and/or loss of Goods.
2. The following information (so far as it is actually relevant) must be immediately submitted to us by means of photographic documentation:
a) the registration number and vehicle model of vehicles involved;
b) the place, time and circumstances of the accident or damage event;
c) name, address of the injured/dead;
d) extent of product leakage;
e) dispatch data;
f) measures taken by you;
g) return possibilities, and
h) pictures of the accident site.
3. You shall without undue delay notify any theft, robbery or any traffic accident with possible damage to and/or loss of the Goods to the nearest police station and us.
4. You will inform us of any complaints by the Recipient regarding the condition of the Goods and ensure that the Recipient notes such complaints in writing on the applicable Delivery Documentation.
5. In case of damages to and/or loss of the Goods during Transport, you must immediately notify us and must take and transmit to us (either via the Ofload App, Platform, email or as otherwise instructed by us) pictures of the damage, and to obtain further instructions from us.
1. In the event that we provide incorrect information in a Transport Order the following applies:
a) If the volume/weight is actually lower than stated in the Transport Order, you will receive the agreed Freight Charge.
b) If the volume/weight (mass)/dimensions are actually higher than stated in the Transport Order, where such amended volume/weight (mass)/dimensions are such that the Transport Order can still be carried out under any applicable Laws, you will receive the corresponding adjusted Freight Charge.
c) In case of an incorrect loading or delivery address, as well as the incorrect indication of a loading or delivery date, we will be responsible for the costs of a second delivery up to the amount of the actual costs (and limited to the amount of the Freight Charge in the applicable Transport Order).
2. In the case that you incorrectly process or execute a Transport Order, the following applies:
a) where you are unable to collect the Goods at the delivery times specified in the Transport Order and on first attempt (eg due to lack of space, lack of loading aids, etc.), you must remedy the situation by means of a second attempt (coordinated by us with the Shipper). In the event of a delay of pickup by more than three hours, we are entitled to organise a replacement Carrier at the expense of you; and
b) without limiting any other liability of you under these Terms, you are liable for damages to the Shipper, the Recipient and/or us arising due to a delayed collection or Delivery and indemnify us from and against any claims from the Shipper and/or the Recipient against us.
A demurrage policy is a set of rules and guidelines for assessing fees on individuals or businesses that exceed a specific time limit for using equipment, facilities, or other resources.
A carrier can claim demurrage if the waiting time exceeds 2 hours and they arrive on time for their booking time slot for collection location or time slot for delivery location. The 2 hours starts from their booked time slot (not before if the carrier arrives early)
To claim demurrage, the carrier must show evidence that demurrage occurred.
The evidence requested is:
- GPS data to show arrival and leaving times, or location data from using the Ofload App.
- Notify Ofload at time when waiting is exceeding the 2 hours to give the opportunity to contact the site and see if we can rectify the delay.
Demurrage will be calculated as follows:
$15 per 15 minutes.
$20 per 15 minutes.